Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer Tour 2010 - Day 31-33: Boyertown, WXLV, and HOME!

Hi there!

I know I'm a little behind on posts from the last few days, but so much has happened! So here we go:

First of all, on Wednesday, I left Columbus, OH, and made the big drive to Boyertown, PA. I didn't realize that I had booked another long day for myself, so I was a little disappointed to be in the car all day, but I arrived in Boyertown at Frecon's Hard Bean, and was so pleased with what I found!

It's a great coffee shop (a local chain) that I had played at last year, in West Reading. This room had the same feel...nice big room, great sound, beautiful old hard wood floors. It was really nice. I shared the show with my friend Kris Kehr and we had a lot of fun! Attendance was a little low, which was too bad, but that's the only show on the tour that I can say that about - so not too shabby!

Here's the video from that night...



Later that night, I drove to my aunt and uncle's house so that I could squeeze in another visit with them. I spent most of the morning sleeping though (sorry guys!)...which I took as a sign that tour needed to wrap up.

Thursday, I drove to Schnecksville, PA (crazy name, right?) and sang on The Phil Stahl Show. It was a great experience! We talked and I played for an hour on the air. I know a lot of you tuned in live, but I'll get a copy and figure out how to post it somewhere so that you can listen to it for those of you who missed it. I don't think I said anything too embarrassing, but I'll have to give it a listen and then let you know...

Besides a great show on the air, I got to sing later on that evening at Magnolia's Vineyard in Orefield, PA (just up the road) and had a great time! It was yet another gem of a night, where I got to sing for a whole new group of people, sell CDs and hear some talented local musicians.

I left feeling SO encouraged.

This led to the twist in my tour. I tried to figure out how this was going to work out...I had found a couple of open mic nights in Princeton that I could play at on Friday night, but a perfect storm of things had occurred, so I was going to need to stay in a hotel (boo) or drive home in between shows. So I decided, I'd rather come back to Princeton in the fall when the city is full of students, and not push my luck on finding another gem of a night, since I'd already had so much good luck on this tour. I figured my good luck might run out at some point!

So on Thursday night, I braved the late night construction traffic, knowing that sleeping in my own bed would be worth it...and it was.

Yesterday I spent hanging out in my house with the fan pointed directly on my face (our air conditioning is broken) did a bunch of booking for the fall, did some grocery shopping and started unloading my car. Back to normal boring life, I guess.

But tonight, I'm off to NYC where I'll be playing at Googie's Lounge with my friend Brooke. I can't wait, and it's going to be a great way to end my tour!

Thanks in advance to all of you who made this tour so amazing for me. It keeps getting better each year!

Love,
Kristen

No comments: