Thursday, August 07, 2008

Open mic night in Chicago...

I have been having the best days!

This morning Luke and Julia took off for their jobs (Julia just graduated from medical school and is now a resident at the Children's Hospital - congrats, Julia!!) WAY early this morning, and Gaby and I took our sweet time getting up and at 'em.

Anyway, we spent the day walking around Chicago, we went to the beach, we had some lunch, we walked more, and we saw a cool nature preserve pond. It was a great day, very relaxing. Then we all went out to dinner together at a cool little place just down the road, and then Luke and I went to Murphy's Bleachers right across the street from the entrance to Wrigley Field where I played at open mic. (Julia had more work to do, and Gaby isn't 21 yet).

It was a great open mic, I got to meet a few people, I got to hear some great people (thank God, because some open mic nights can be brutal - we've all been there...) and I got to play some more of my songs in yet another city.

Anyway, thanks to those of you who have been following along this tour, and thanks for reading these blogs. I've included a few more photos!! Here's the photo of me in front of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Seriously, how cool is that building?



And here's a picture of the Chicago skyline at the beach. What a great view. And we have been staying just a half mile from here - how lucky are we?! Honestly it could be a postcard.



Thanks so much for following along! Tomorrow, we head for Madison, WI at the Brink Lounge. It's going to be great!

No comments: