Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Rock n' Roll, baby!

After a fun show last night, Gaby and I crashed pretty hard. We of course shut down the bar, because we ended up staying in the apartment right above it. The owner of the Town Fryer puts up her out of town musical acts (thanks Susie!) and lives in one of the coolest apartments ever. It's making me think about moving to Cleveland and opening a bar. Moving along...

We got up this morning by 9 because I wanted to finish a little work before we went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It was awesome! I saw so many things (actually at one point, we needed to sit down and take a lunch break, because I just couldn't focus on all of the things I was seeing anymore) lots of original lyrics, old guitars, the piano used to record at Sun Studios, crazy outfits people used to wear (there's a Madonna display - you can imagine the cones!) It was really great. And how cool is this, if you're a touring musician and bring in your CD, they'll let you in for free. Just more potential displays I guess - who knows, someday my bootleg copy of "Stay" could be in one of those glass cases. Ah, to have a dream.

Gaby and I walked around a little bit - saw Lake Erie and the Browns Stadium (I don't know why I reacted so strongly - must have something to do with the Green Bay still in my blood), and then we took off and had a nice easy drive to Chicago.

We're staying tonight and tomorrow with my friends Luke and Julia (thanks guys!) here in Chicago. It's very fun seeing them, because the last time we were together I was singing at their wedding - crazy, huh? Be careful if you ever ask me to sing at your wedding, I may just ask you to lend me your couch - something to think about. Anyway...they have a really cool place, in a great part of the city so I can't wait to walk around a little and explore before I play tomorrow night.

Check out the photos - I'm sure I'll have more to update you on tomorrow!


Here I am in front of a HUGE boat! I was talking to my brother while Gaby took the photo - hey, bro!


Here's Gaby in front of Lake Erie - we had the most gorgeous day for a little walk.


Seriously, what's my deal? I don't even know what happened, I just felt very green and yellow for a moment or something - must be because I've been hearing so much about Brett lately.


Gaby and I were trying to think of a way that we could keep track of all of the states she's been to. We decided that posing her with a map of Indiana in front of a busy highway would be the best way to prove she's been through the state.


Gaby took a great photo of the sunset that welcomed us to Chicago. Hey dad, I've been keeping my windshield pretty clean!

No comments: