Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The Town Fryer

This morning, Gaby and I got up and took a scenic route out of Pittsburgh (we were mislead by a detour and the Garmin) and ended up at a beautiful overlook. We took a few pictures, take a look!





We took a nice and easy drive to Cleveland (I was super sleepy again today) with a few breaks. We stopped for lunch at the McDonald's in the visit center, which was absolutely disgusting and delicious at the same time! But it provided us with some nice information on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - we'll be visiting tomorrow before we leave for Chicago!

We arrived nice and early at the Town Fryer, met Susie, the owner, and got set up, ready and rested for tonight's show. I played with some fantastic musicians, and we did a cool thing. All five of us sat on stage at the same time, played one song after another, and told the stories behind our songs and why we were playing them. It was like VH1 behind the music - at least I'd like to think so - and it ended up being a really cool evening. I played with Ryann Anderson, Shawn Brewster, Randy Martin and Jim Snively, who are all local musicians. It was great to hear their songs and get to talk with them throughout the night. Plus we all swapped CD's so Gaby and I will have some nice tunes on the way to the central time zone tomorrow.

I'll be performing in Chicago on Thursday night at 9 p.m. at Murphy's Bleachers. If any of you live in the area, or have friends and family there - tell them to come out!

Lastly, I've included some photos, you can see Gaby and I in Boston with Sam Adams, Gaby and how the songwriter night looked tonight at the Town Fryer (left to right: Randy Martin, Jim Snively, Ryann Anderson, Shawn Brewster and me.) Enjoy!





No comments: