Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sleepy Sunday!

Wow, am I tired today.

Friday night I played at a house concert with my friends Josh and Jake in Providence, RI. (Their band is called Gamblin Hands and you can listen to their music on myspace.) We had a lot of fun. We were outdoors performing on a deck with Christmas lights and candles - to keep away the bugs - and had a great turn out and a really fun evening.

The next day, we got up (Bryan, Gaby and I) and drove off leaving Bryan in Connecticut as Gaby and I continued on to Harrisburg. We battled thunderstorms and NYC traffic, but made it to Harrisburg, PA in one piece and with enough time to eat dinner before I had to play. Last night I played at a really cute place called the Crimson Frog - they have a cool piano there and the place has a really cozy vibe, so I enjoyed myself a lot. I was especially flattered when I received a request for a song (and it wasn't even from a friend or family member!). I had a great time meeting everyone, and seeing people that I hadn't been in touch with for a few years.

This morning I was up bright and early (my alarm was set for BEFORE 7 a.m.! For those of you who know me - really? How shocked are you? Anyway, I played at two church services this morning, at the church that my aunt, uncle, and cousins attend. It's a really cool congregation (they didn't even mind when I rocked out "Trouble" during the offering) they were so happy to have me there, and I even received an invitation to accompany them on a working trip down to Mexico in the fall. I think I might try going to Mexico sometime - I've been told that I would enjoy it. :)

And so now, I'm sitting on a very comfy couch writing this update, and frankly, I'm about ready to cuddle up next to my aunt and uncle's dog (her name is Charlie - and she is awesome!) and take a little nap.

Thanks so much again for all of your support, and stay posted as I head off for Pittsburgh tomorrow to play with my new friends Joy Ike and Heather Kropf!

No comments: