Monday, August 17, 2009

Albright College

Sorry, I wrote this last night, but didn't have an internet connection, so I had to wait to post it! Here you go...

So I had a few more adventures this afternoon. It was great! I got to spend a lot more time at Hard Bean Coffee using their internet and eating some of their delicious food (an amazing banana muffin!) and drinking iced tea. If you live in the area you need to stop in! It's a nice atmosphere, the staff is really friendly, and they have great prices!

I walked around a little bit in West Reading, and then met Steve for dinner in Reading. He of course drove us around in his old Mustang from high school...it was just like the old days. Here it is parked in front of the Reading Railroad. That's right, think monopoly!



Here's Steve in his Albright gear posing in the 'stang.



Also, I took a photo of Steve's house. Isn't it nice? I drew a little arrow so that you could see the guest room and picture where I was sleeping!



After dinner with Steve, he had to go back to work, so I took a little drive and ended up at The Reading Pagoda! It's crazy! And it's something everyone stops in to see when they visit Reading, so I had to stop in too.



After getting back to campus I took a little stroll...



I wandered onto the football field! (But didn't stay very long because I felt like someone was going to yell at me!)



All around the campus there are these red adirondack chairs, so I decided to sit in one for a moment and try out my new camera's timer. It worked...



And for the last thing, I had to check out the Music Department. (I showed this photo to Steve, and he didn't even know this existed!!) I walked around a little bit in the building, but all of the practice rooms were locked, so I'll have to check out the inside another time.



*****Now for today! This morning I went to football practice for a few minutes. It's about 90 degrees out there...I was sweating just watching those guys run around in all of their gear. I can't believe how hot they must be! Anyway, it was cool to see Steve in his element...it's always fun to see people that I grew up with living real adult lives, you know? These kids are scared of him too...he's a tough coach! (I circled Steve in red because it's hard to see him, and that's the Albright color!)



Right now I'm finishing this up at Hard Bean Coffee (I couldn't resist another one of the Ruby Lemon Mint Iced teas....seriously if you live within driving distance you've got to stop in! (600 Penn Ave if you have a navigation system.)

Off to Pittsburgh today! So I'll be on the road...hopefully I'll see some cool stuff and be able to tell you about it later!

No comments: