Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pittsburgh....and now off to Cleveland!

Driving yesterday was pretty easy. I was able to use cruise control (something that never happens at home because we always have traffic) so that made the trip much easier! The only crazy thing...it was soooo hot. I took photos as my temperature gage kept climbing.

I thought 90 degrees was hot...



Then it reached 91...



Then it jumped to 95...



It got to 96...



and peaked at 97!



Sorry for the many photos...maybe I was better off earlier this tour with Vanessa as my travel companion!! Or last year with Gaby?! Ah well, this trip I have my camera. Pennsylvania is really beautiful, so I tried to take a few pictures out of the window to show you how nice it is.



On this drive, I got a little bored, and I was really hot, (even with my air conditioning going full blast) so I decided to take a nice long lunch in the air conditioned rest stop. And guess what? They had a Chili's there! Now, for anyone who knows me at all, you know that I live for their queso dip, and this dip did NOT disappoint. I was totally psyched. I of course couldn't finish the order by myself, but I tried my very best.



I arrived into Pittsburgh just before I needed to get to Club Cafe, so I was only able to stop briefly at my friend Heather's house. (www.heatherkropf.com) She is crazy busy right now with life and lots of shows (we're playing together next week when I come back through) so I was so grateful that she let me stay at her place! From her house I went right to Club Cafe where I got to meet a bunch of really great people. Again, this year, Pittsburgh was a great experience. I had a lot of fun, and people were really receptive to my songs. Not only did I get to see Heather again, (I shared a show with her last year on tour) but I also got to see my friend Joy (www.joyike.com) who I also played with last year! It was really fun to catch up with both of them. They're really talented, and I feel so lucky to have such great connections in this town.

Anyway, here's blurry photo of Joy playing last night, she did a great job, and I really liked hearing some of her new songs!



Today, I am off to Cleveland (in a matter of moments, actually) and I'll be playing in Painesville tonight at The Rider's Inn. I'm very excited to see some friends from last year, and again, to meet new people! I'm just going to fill up my iced tea one more time (another great coffee shop find...Enrico's Tazza D'Oro...please check them out if you're around!!) in this environmentally friendly cup made entirely from plants and I'm on my way!



Thanks for all of the great e-mails, phone calls, facebook posts, etc. I really appreciate the love and encouragement!!

No comments: