Saturday, August 22, 2009

Haunted venue #2

As I mentioned last night, I had my best show ever! It was so exciting, that even though I was exhausted, I had a hard time getting to sleep.

Boy did I regret that this morning. I was booked to sing at a wedding this afternoon, so I got myself up and ready this morning looking forward to playing. I took off with plenty of time so that I'd be able to set up my keyboard and still have time to walk around (it was outside at an old lighthouse), I didn't quite plan on being lost for AN HOUR! I pulled in just in the nick of time, thank goodness. They had an amazing setting, with a beautiful day. Look at the backdrop!



And then I had to take a picture of the lighthouse. Now the legend is, the groom's great great aunt haunts this place, and she got married at this very lighthouse 120 years ago, to the day. Pretty cool, huh? That brings my haunted venue number up to 2 on this tour. I didn't feel any sort of presence as we were there, but they did leave a chair open for her just in case she decided to take a seat!



Tonight I played in Neenah, WI at my friend Eric's coffee shop. It's a great little place with a lot of character. I was competing with a Packer game, so attendance was down since I'm sure a lot of people were at home watching the game, but what can you do? Someday I'll be able to compete with the Pack, but not quite yet. :)

Tomorrow morning I am playing at my parents' church, and then I'm taking off the evening. The Minneapolis trip is cancelled, so instead I'm going to spend the afternoon and evening hanging out with my parents and brother. I'll take a picture of the sunset at their cottage, and I think you'll understand why the cottage won out over playing a few songs at an open mic!

No comments: