Sunday, August 16, 2009

West Reading, PA

This has been a very sleepy day for me! I arrived last night at my friend Steve's house just before 3 a.m. I guess I was a little tired since I thought this would be an interesting picture...



It was a very easy drive, I didn't hit much traffic (amazing that I hit ANY...) and the Garmin led me right to Steve's front door. A few hitches in our plan...Steve told me just to come in and the guest room would be all set up for me - it was, I just had no idea where the guest room was. Also, I expected Steve to be in the house alone, but there was a big guy on the living room couch. So, I made some calls and woke him up (sorry, Steve!) because I got really nervous that I had walked into the wrong house. Wouldn't THAT have made for a great story!!

So this morning, I had to get up much earlier than I wanted to (sleeping in is possibly one of my favorites hobbies), but I got to play at a cool place called Hard Bean Coffee.



I knew that I was going to be playing during the hours of the town Farmers Market, but I wasn't sure exactly what the set up was going to be. I was very very pleased by what I found! The Farmers Market was really cute and on a very nice street, with a lot of shoppers. (I'm planning on checking out some of the shops later...Vanessa, there are more thrift stores!!)



The only problem with playing outside was...it was about a billion degrees out here today. (I broke my own personal rule of wearing shorts in public...that's how hot it is! And yes, Bryan, they're my purple shorts and they are awesome!) So, I played inside to all of the other people who were trying to cool off with iced coffees or tea. It was great! I got a lot of people to sign up on my mailing list (that is always really encouraging, because it makes me think that I'm actually growing a bit of a fan base) and I sold a bunch of CDs. That's always really encouraging because it means I can pay for gas and keep driving to the next gig. :)

Anyway, the owner, Terry, is a really nice guy who worked really hard to help me promote this morning's show, and it really paid off. Again...I was on the sidewalk! And we all know that it makes me feel very cool when that happens!!



Ok, off to explore the town a bit, then out to dinner with Steve. I may have more photos to share with you tonight, but if not...I'll certainly have something new for you tomorrow!

No comments: