Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Is it a problem if I'm already sick of driving??

I had so much fun at The Rider Inn last night, that I just didn't want to leave this morning! (Maybe the other reason I didn't want to leave was because I knew I might be sick of being in the car by the time I reached Chicago, but who knows...)

Anyway, I tried to keep myself entertained with my camera. The first milestone of the day...my car reached 75,000 miles! And I happened to look down at that exact moment! So I thought, I should definitely share that with you. Aren't you glad? Plus, you'll notice, that it was a much cooler day today. Only 80 degrees, phew.



Then, I saw the worst tarp job on the back of a truck ever. Keep in mind, I spend a lot of time in Mexico and I married an Eagle Scout, so I know a thing or two about knots. And if I don't know how to do it or don't know the name of the specific knot, I at least know more than to ever leave the driveway with a loose tarp! This thing was flapping like crazy...unacceptable.



After I overcame my shock at the lack of tying ability (seriously, it's not that hard...) I pulled up next to a tractor-trailer truck that had THREE trailers! I've never seen such a thing! I had to snap a photo to prove that it existed. Right after I nearly killed myself trying to take the photo and prove to all of you that such a thing does exist, I passed about seven more. So, it turns out it's not that big of a deal. Bummer. I thought I had made some kind of trucking discovery.



After the truck disappointment I started trying to take a photo of a hawk that was flying around over the highway...seriously impossible, I don't know what I was thinking. Then I started just taking photos of the green fields...they're beautiful, but as you can see...quite boring.



After a LOT of green field photos (you can look at my iPhoto library later if you're up for it!) I saw an exit for Bryan and decided that might be a good place to pull off and walk around.



Boy am I glad that I did. The first thing to find me in the parking lot...the Fun Finder!! Now some of you know, Bryan and I have been looking for a new place to live, and I think I have found it. It's a score, and it's actual name is the Fun Finder! Who wouldn't want to live in that? Plus, I'd never have to rent a hotel room on a tour again!!



When I got inside the rest area, I bought a soda and some Gardetto's (I like to gold-mine the brown circles) and with the change I thought it would be cool to make one of those flattened pennies. Well, I picked the "I Love You Ohio" design because I had such a good time last night, but the machine was off by just a tiny bit I think, because my penny only reads..."I Love You hio". That means nothing. But I put it in my car anyway as a little momento.



I know you're dying to know all of these details, but I just have one more crazy thing to tell you, and then I'll fill you in on Chicago. As I was driving and trying to take pictures of flying hawks I saw something coming at me through the air. I thought it was a bird (like a robin or sparrow or something) because it was so big and dark, so I was pretty upset when it HIT THE FRONT OF MY CAR! I felt really bad, but then went back to photo taking because I was very focused on the hawk picture. Anyway, long story short, as I was returning to my car with my souvenir penny I noticed something in the grill of my car. It was a huge, beautiful black and yellow butterfly. Poor guy was probably just flying along and then, BAM right into my car. Didn't even know what hit him. Either that or he was suicidal. I guess we'll never know.



After all of this excitement...I arrived in Chicago. Tonight was a tough show because people who thought they were going to make it couldn't, people who were on their way got stuck in traffic, and so on. But those of us who were there had a lot of fun! My friend from college, Kirsten came, and I haven't seen her in so long! And tonight I'm sleeping at my friend Luke's house. We were just figuring out how long we've known each other...we met in the 3rd grade or so! Can you believe that? Not only that, but we dated briefly in the 4th grade. It was a relationship that lasted a few weeks, but we worked through the awkwardness after the breakup and we've been able to stay friends. Luckily, Julia (his wife) is cool with me (his ex) staying here.



Now, for those of you who couldn't make it this time to The Bourgeois Pig...you've got to get over here whether there's live music or not! Check out this cookie! It was so delicious...and almost bigger than my head!



So tonight, I get to sleep on a nice comfy couch in Lincoln Park, Chicago. Not too shabby! I have been thinking about home and hoping that everything is going well for Bryan and Buddy there, and believe it or not, just as I was thinking about them this photo came into my inbox. Are you kidding me? I leave for a week and the dog is being walked on a power strip cord?? Somebody mail Bryan a leash!



Goodnight!

No comments: